If you’re looking for an easy and inexpensive way to do dinner, then you should definitely consider finding an air fryer under $100. The good news is, with their growing popularity, it isn’t as difficult as you may think to find a quality air fryer on a budget.
We reviewed dozens of affordable air fryers, comparing features, capacity, ease of use, cost, and other considerations, we identified the Ninja Air Fryer as the best of the best. It heats up fast and has programmable presets, With fast heating, an ample heat range of 105 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and programmable presets, the Ninja will give you the best results.
If you’re curious about why your air fryer works the way it does, you’ll want to look deeper into the convection fan – that’s the key to a quality air fryer. In the meantime, you’ll be happy to know that you can use your foil in the air fryer just as you would a convection oven.
Our Top 5 Air Fryers Under $100
Here are our top picks. Compare the ratings and features of different models.
|Editor’s Picks||Brand||Rating||Capacity||Temperature Adjustments||Functions|
|Best Overall||Ninja Air Fryer||4-quart||Air Fry, Roast, Reheat, Dehydrate|
|Best Budget Buy||iRUNTEK Mini Compact Air Fryer||1.3-quart||Air Fry|
|Best Multi Function||Instant Pot Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer||4-quart||Air Fry, Bake, Reheat, Roast, Broil, Dehydrate|
|Best Glass||Big Boss Oil-less Air Fryer||16-quart||Air Fry, Bake, Grill, Roast|
|Best Large Capacity||Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer||8-quart||Air Fry|
*Ratings are on a scale of 1 to 5 and based on reviews, feedback, and opinions of actual customers
In This Article
Who Should Buy an Air Fryer Under $100
- People buying yet another kitchen gadget – If you have a love of kitchen gadgets, then you may want to limit yourself on the budget you set for each of them. That means finding a quality product without spending more than is necessary. The good news is you can find a quality air fryer under $100.
- When dinner is a stressful event – For the busy family who spends too much time worrying about what’s for dinner and how long it will take to get it in your bellies before extra-curricular activities, an air fryer is a miracle of a device. You can go from no meal prep to eating in under 20 minutes, which is a lifesaver for the modern busy family.
- People on a budget – Not only will you be able to find an air fryer that makes the delicious foods you love for under $100, the family that usually eats out for the sake of convenience will also save a small fortune eating in for a change.
- Fried food lovers – Fried foods may taste delicious, but consuming all the oil necessary to make them isn’t good for your health. Replacing fried foods with air-fried foods will go a long way towards keeping you healthy.1
Who Should Not Buy an Air Fryer Under $100
- Those with limited kitchen space – For a smaller kitchen, you may want to consider how much space an air fryer (of any cost) will take up on your counters or in your cupboard. While it may be well worth the money, it may still not be feasible for your space.
- Large families – While you can find a large-capacity air fryer without too much problem, they will generally cost a bit more than the $100. Additionally, even the large capacity air fryers won’t feed a family with, say, four teenage boys.
Air fryers under $100 will need to have a few features to make them work for your family. Here’s what to consider when selecting an air fryer:
- Large capacity – Though you may think larger is better – after all, you’ll be able to prepare more foods when the time comes – it may not be the best bet if you plan on cooking for one or two most of the time. It takes a bit longer to heat up a larger capacity air fryer, and if you’re looking to save energy or time (or both) finding the capacity for what you need is the more efficient method.
- Checking progress – You may be comfortable setting the timer and forgetting about the food you’re prepping, but you may also want to just double-check from time to time. That means finding an air fryer that allows you to open it and peek in without disrupting the cook cycle or, possibly the most convenient, a glass air fryer.
- Shapes matter – If you’re planning on air frying a lot of quesadillas and pizzas, a circle air fryer may be best, while a square is preferred for sandwiches. It may not seem like a big deal in your decision-making, but it will make the most commonly prepared foods all the easier to handle if you get a matching shape.
- Multi-function – The air fryer is an especially capable little device, and if you find one that offers multiple functions and cooking methods, it may be worth looking into. For example, a dehydrating function is a common added functionality. However, when you see so many additional functions that it seems overwhelming, remember the saying, “Jack of all trades, master of none.”
How Much Do They Cost?
The average cost of a quality air fryer is right around $100. The good news is that you can get an excellent air fryer for a little less, and a good quality one for even less than that. You should expect to pay no less than $50, but certainly no more than $200 for an air fryer. (That said, bear in mind that if you get a machine that has more functions, you may be paying for those added luxuries.)
The Best Air Fryers Under $100: Full Reviews
The Ninja Air Fryer will give you the kind of food texture that you love, cooked in record time. You’ll be able to use this to crisp your freezer foods that are all too often soggy from the oven, and you can use the included basket tray to make sure the air circulates the full 360-degrees around your food.
You can use this air fryer to also dehydrate, roast, or reheat your foods, and that means you’ll likely never put this small kitchen appliance away. And because the basket is dishwasher safe, you won’t spend much time on clean-up, either.
- 4-qt capacity
- Comes with 20 inspiration recipe guide
- Accessory basket included
- May have a smell for first few uses
- Somewhat loud operation
The iRUNTEK Mini Compact Air Fryer has a simple design that means virtually no user-error potential. The timer control is the only control on the unit, and you just spin it to the desired time and let it cook. It’s similar in design to an egg-timer, or the Easy-Bake ovens of your childhood. (Which may make it the best option for your son or daughter when they first move out.)
Though it may not feed your family of four, if you’re looking for options for making dinner for yourself, this is an excellent start. And although cooking for one isn’t always easy, this air fryer will keep you from eating the same foods over and over.
- Dishwasher-safe fryer basket
- Easy to use
- 2 color options
- Small capacity; only 1.3-qt
- Timer only goes to 30 minutes
The Instant Pot Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer has so many functions, you’d be hard-pressed to find a food that doesn’t cook brilliantly in this air fryer. You can adjust the temperature of this air fryer from as low as 95 degrees to 400 degrees F, which only adds to the versatility of this handy machine.
The 4-quart capacity is perfectly portioned for four helpings, which makes it ideal for a family of four, and should you have a smaller or larger family, it does come in a variety of other capacity sizes, as well.
- Multiple sizes available
- Air fry, Broil, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, and Reheat
- Access to Instant Pot Recipe App
- May have a smell for first few uses
- Loud operation
The Big Boss Oil-less Air Fryer will cook 16 quarts of food in a matter of minutes and all right before your eyes as you watch through the glass bowl. The triple cooking power of halogen lamps, infrared heat, and convection will give you three times the efficiency.
It’s simple to use by turning the two dials – one the temperature, and one the timer. It even has a quick cheat sheet atop the machine that tells you optimal cooking times and temperatures for most commonly cooked foods.
- Included book includes 50+ recipes
- 5 color options to match the kitchen
- Dishwasher safe
- Loud fan operation
- Cook time discrepancies
The Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer will prepare your family’s meal in such little time, you may actually make it on time to your kid’s practice. Four preset programs will allow you to cook everything from french fries to fish and more with just the push of a button. The included accessories are both nonstick and dishwasher safe, offering maximum convenience.
The display of this air fryer has a shake reminder to make sure that your foods get the kind of 360-degree cooking they need, even if you pile in a giant bag of french fries. The square shape makes it all the easier for you to keep it on your countertop, and the 1-year warranty offers added confidence in the quality.
- BPA-free, dishwasher safe accessories and cook basket
- Nonstick interior
- 8-quart capacity
- Loud fan operation
- Touch screen buttons need forceful pushes
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an air fryer and how does it work?
What are the best foods to cook in an air fryer?
Is an air fryer better than an oven?
What can you not cook in an air fryer?
Home Life Daily uses only high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within our articles. Read our editorial process to learn more about how we fact-check and keep our content accurate, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Polhuis, C.M.M., Vaandrager, L., Soedamah-Muthu, S.S. et al. Salutogenic model of health to identify turning points and coping styles for eating practices in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Int J Equity Health. 19, 80 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12939-020-01194-4